San Jose, California
Technical Writer – Specializing in Medical Writing
Experience and Capabilities
- write, edit, illustrate, index, design templates
- work quickly and efficiently
- obtain information appropriate for end user
- work independently and with little direction or supervision, if provided with adequate resources
- estimate realistic timeline for given project
- manage vendors (pre-press, printer, illustrator, graphic designer, editor)
- advise on best methods for cost-effective production
- familiar with FDA filings and CFRs
- carry project through from inception to completion
- manage multiple projects simultaneously
Employment, Education and Professional Development
Education: BS Medical Technology – MT (ASCP), 1984, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
Computer Programs: Mac and PC platforms: FrameMaker, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Word
Affiliations: Society for Technical Communications
1996–Present Technical Writer – Consultant
Becton Dickinson Biosciences, Cellular Imaging Systems, LifeScan, Somnus Medical
Technologies, Avocet Medical, Arcturus Engineering, pulseMD, Endonetics, Guava Technologies,
NAXCOR, St Jude Medical, Therasense, Boston Scientific, ForteBio, Laserscope, EnVision,
Cutera, Pelikan Technologies, IntraPace
Write hardware and software user’s guides, quick reference guides, service manuals, reagent package
inserts, data sheets for both professional and consumer markets. Work with multiple third-party ad
agencies, designers, illustrators, print vendors.
1990–1996 Technical Writer / Supervisor
Becton Dickinson Immunocytometry Systems, San Jose, CA
Wrote user’s guides, package inserts, data sheets, and copy for various marketing brochures, press
releases. Supervised five writers, assigned work, managed workflow, maintained schedules.
1989–1990 Customer Trainer
Becton Dickinson Immunocytometery Systems, San Jose, CA
Trained customers on operation of FACScan flow cytometer. Developed training materials. Assisted
sales representatives with product demonstrations.
1984–1989 Medical Technologist
Riverside Methodist Hospital, Columbus, OH
Performed standard laboratory tests in Hematology, Immunology, and Immunopathology labs.
Worked on numerous types of automated equipment, including BD FACStar flow cytometer and
Beckman Array Protein Analyzer.
1984–1985 Rheumatology Research Assistant
Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
Performed ELISA, EIA, electrophoresis, titrations, cell cultures, and other laboratory procedures.